Sunday, February 28, 2010

He's Like the Britney Spears of Switzerland

Special Edition of Fogelisms
Funny things said by me and Fredi and Carli.

My oncologist doesn't have the lock on funny. Fredi wants to make a blog about the funny things I say. That is not going to happen, but his idea was inspired by the following conversation.

I get frequent headaches from my sinuses and as a side effect of one of my IV treatments. Fredi and I were discussing this, and he was talking about the size and shape of my head.

I said I have a very large head (but I really don't), because of what's inside: my "monumental brain."


Don't know where I came up with that one. Apparently my monumental brain thinks a lot of itself. 
______________________________
We've had a ton of snow, and I think Fredi and I are suffering from a form of snow blindness or cabin fever or a combination of both.

On Friday while we were getting ready for Fredi's gig, I spotted our cat Mikey out of the corner of my eye. He was standing with his body perpendicular to me longways, and I suddenly said to Fredi, almost unable to speak because I was doubled over with laughter, "For a second, I thought that was a miniature horse."

A little while later, I was getting my auburn wig, whom I've named Sharona, ready for our night out. She was very mussed up, and I found a yellow paperclip in her hair. 

I told Fredi I found a paperclip in Sharona's hair and that I was wondering how that possibly could have gotten there. He walked over to where I was holding the wig on a styrofoam head, shook his index finger at the wig and said sternly, "Sharona, where have you been?"
______________________________
At Fredi's gig with the Blacktails, my friend Jill was telling her daughter, Carli, that Fredi is practically famous in Switzerland. 

She was exaggerating quite a bit, (sorry, Jill) but that notion might come from the time a woman sort of yelled out across the lawn of an outdoor cafe, "Das ist der Fredi Meli!" meaning, "That is THE Fredi Meli!"

Also Fredi was on the news in Switzerland last fall with one of his musical projects, STMJC. It's worth a look even if you don't know a word of Swiss German.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mud5sGVb9T8 

Anyway, when Jill told Carli Fredi was famous, Carli said, "You mean he's like the Britney Spears of Switzerland?"

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know about the woman yelling across the lawn!!! I think maybe you told me that he was famous in Switzerland 9 or 10 years ago when you met him ...and if he's on the news there, he IS famous!!! At least in our books!!!
    (And she also wanted to know why the Blacktails aren't famous. I told her for the same reason that I'm not famous - LOL!!! Sounded good to me!)

    ReplyDelete