Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Chicken Fun Day!


Photo above taken of a kid who a quarter of an hour before this said, "I don't WANNA go to the beach!"

This is a special edition of Fogelisms, KKisms. KKisms? Works for me.

My 6-year-old niece Katie said these or wrote these to me, and I can't help myself. I've gotta share 'em.

A letter, I'm not sure of the date(transcribed from the spoken word by Sara):

Dear Lori - I miss you so much, I wish I could go on a plane right now to see you. I love you so much.
I want to see you soon another day. I hope you come to see me. I wish I could live where you live in Sleepy Hollow.
I change into summer pajamas every day because our house is nice and warm.
Have a chicken fun day! Oh my dear!
Love,
Dear Katie

________________________________
Another letter to me, also transcribed by Sara:

I hope you come to my house. I hope I see you through. Babar, I hope your love is true.
-- Katie, age 4 
________________________________
Last year, when my awesome music therapy friends hooked me up with the most amazing Yankees tickets ever for the Cubs-Yankees exhibition game, Katie was here visiting with the rest of my immediate family. When I opened the envelope with the tickets in it, I'm sure I was crying from joy and overwhelm.
Katie asked, genuinely and justifiably confused: "Why would a music therapist send baseball tickets?"

At some point during the trip, we were trying to locate my parents but they weren't answering their cell phones, and Katie remarked: "Why did they have to put them in a hotel? It's like a treasure hunt now."
________________________________
 
Katie is very funny at times, and I like to think she takes after me in that department, but the truth is there are some good funny bones in our family. It would be impossible to recall even a fraction of the funny things Katie has said in her young life.

She didn't write this one, someone at Hallmark did, but I did get the best Mother's Day card from her last year:

Your loving heart
has blessed the lives
of those around you
in so many beautiful ways
I'm so glad I have
such a wonderful godmother.

Happy Mother's Day.
________________________________

I love all the kids in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment